Slow stitching

 What is slow stitching? 

Exactly what it sounds like hand stitching and while you stitch you take the time to think. 

And surprisingly it focuses your mind , it’s even been studied that it slows your heart and lowers your blood pressure.



It’s everywhere.

Yes it is, with good reason.  It’s fun.

For me it started during Covid , I needed something to cope with the influx of news stories.

I needed an activity that I could do quietly by myself .

very quickly I was doing a few stitches every day.


 Then I challenged myself to do one 5 x5 square every day.


 but I also decided to push it a little bit further and to do a watercolor Abstract to match my slow stitching.


The project is finished now and I’m using my pieces to make bigger art pieces and my watercolor abstracts I’ve turned into fabrics at Spoonflower.com.


The squares that had name on I’ve turned them into small wall hanging and sent them to that person.












Comments

Popular Posts