THE PRACTICAL MAGIC BLOG PARTY
It's that time again, the evenings are drawing in; the leaves are turning and the my thoughts drift on scented winds to the Practical magic blog party.
The Auntie have set up in the attic; it's time to light candles. pick the herbs and open the spell book.
Penny royal, mudwart, lavender and belladonna in glass jars waiting to be taken to the coven meeting.
Don't forget to pack the spell book"And I don't want them dancing naked under the full moon!"
"No, of course."
"The nudity is entirely optional. As you well remember!"
In the Aunties traveling spell case...It has everything they will need. spare white gloves, taro cards,candles and talismans.
A caged bird for a love spell ..... be careful what you wish for
It's all about keeping the balance between good and bad
Flip the switch and let the cauldron bubble!
emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted
my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean.
The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble
not far behind. I have this dream of being whole.
Of not going to sleep each night, wanting.
But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets
sing...
I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for.
I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen.
I don't know. Maybe I had my happiness. I don't want to
believe it but, there is no man,
Please pop back to see the rest of the practical magic parties... This LINK will take you to Anna
Practical magic film images are courtesy of Warner Bros and Victoria magazine
The Auntie have set up in the attic; it's time to light candles. pick the herbs and open the spell book.
Penny royal, mudwart, lavender and belladonna in glass jars waiting to be taken to the coven meeting.
Atropa belladonna
Atropa belladonna or Atropa bella-donna, commonly known as Belladonna, Devil's Berries, Death Cherries or Deadly Nightshade, is a perennial herbaceous plant The foliage and berries are extremely toxic containing tropane alkaloids. These toxins include scopolamine and hyoscyaminewhich cause a bizarre delirium and hallucinations
It has a long history of use as a medicine, cosmetic, and poison. Before the Middle ages, it was used as an anesthetic for surgery; the ancient Romans used it as a poison (the wife of Emperor Augustus and the wife of Claudius both used it to murder contemporaries); and predating this, it was used to make poison tipped arrows. The genus name "atropa" comes from Atropos one of the three Fates in Greek mythology, and the name "bella donna" is derived from Italian and means "beautiful woman".
Atropa belladonna or Atropa bella-donna, commonly known as Belladonna, Devil's Berries, Death Cherries or Deadly Nightshade, is a perennial herbaceous plant The foliage and berries are extremely toxic containing tropane alkaloids. These toxins include scopolamine and hyoscyaminewhich cause a bizarre delirium and hallucinations
It has a long history of use as a medicine, cosmetic, and poison. Before the Middle ages, it was used as an anesthetic for surgery; the ancient Romans used it as a poison (the wife of Emperor Augustus and the wife of Claudius both used it to murder contemporaries); and predating this, it was used to make poison tipped arrows. The genus name "atropa" comes from Atropos one of the three Fates in Greek mythology, and the name "bella donna" is derived from Italian and means "beautiful woman".
Don't forget to pack the spell book
"No, of course."
"The nudity is entirely optional. As you well remember!"
In the Aunties traveling spell case...It has everything they will need. spare white gloves, taro cards,candles and talismans.
Always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder. Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Add pepper to your mashed potatoes. Plant roses and lavender, for luck. Fall in love whenever you can.”
A caged bird for a love spell ..... be careful what you wish for
Love spells can be very powerful
It's all about keeping the balance between good and bad
The best spell of all
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
wool of bat and tongue of dog.
Adder's fork and blindworm's sting,
Barbados lime is just the thing.
Cragged salt like a sailor's stubble!
Flip the switch and let the cauldron bubble!
Marvellous
Midnight Margarita's
Midnight Margarita's
Amas Veritas
Summoning up a true love spell called Amas Veritas. He can
flip pancakes in the air. He'll be marvelously kind. And his
favorite shape will be a star. And he'll have one green eye and one blue.
There is a little witch in every woman
That's so true!
Sometimes I feel like there's a hole inside of me, an
emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted
my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean.
The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble
not far behind. I have this dream of being whole.
Of not going to sleep each night, wanting.
But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets
sing...
I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for.
I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen.
I don't know. Maybe I had my happiness. I don't want to
believe it but, there is no man,
Gilly. Only that moon
This spell book needs a new home... would you like to have it? Then please leave an comment with your contact details... The Auntie's will put a name on 1st of October
Please pop back to see the rest of the practical magic parties... This LINK will take you to Anna
Practical magic film images are courtesy of Warner Bros and Victoria magazine











Comments
Beautiful post and LOVED all the pictures!
Happy Fall my dear Friend!!
LuLu~*xoxo
Spellbinding!
Sue
Brightest Blessings,
Bird http://birdsearthyspirit.blogspot.com/
Hope you'll stop by for a visit.
Rhea
sweets_n_things@yahoo.com
beck51161@yahoo.com
Sending hugs and kisses your way my sweet and fabulous friend! I love the new header it made me smile:) Blessed be!
Becky
PLEASE make sure my name is in that pointy hat. I adore your artwork. I see a spellbook swap on your sidebar. I hope they share the pictures.
Thanks for a wonderful revisit to the best points of the movie.
magalyguerrero @ live .com
Blessings,
Victoria from Brushstrokes
Thanks for sharing it!
Charlotte :)
...I know I'm feeling my inner witch emerging this time of year...and it feels good...heehee!
Hugs,
Cameron
paintmyselfpretty(at)yahoo(dot)com
And your photographs are enchanting...
Bless,
Karen
Hugs,
Lisa
come by for a visit!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/09/tag-tuesday-and-giveaway.html
What a wonderful PM post, I love your little alter and the bird in the cage is fabulous. The book you made is just gorgious!
Lovely!
Caroline
cmoh@earthlink.net
Have a magical weekend.
Anna
xx
Barbara
Your post is truly magical -- all those wonderful photos and your artwork! It's a feast for the eyes... Thanks for the chance to give your sweet spell book a new home.
Magical Times,
Birgit
Sylvia
www.anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com
You picked all my fav parts! your photo shoots and props are truly magnificent!!
I do not have a spell book yet, so, OF COURSE I would LOVE to win this one!
I am also one of your followers. :)
thanks for the smiles and magic!
BB,
Susan
susanscraps AT comcast DOT net
frith
J x
Happy Witching
Hugs and sparkles
WG
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`*SANDI
www.awildberrywitch.blogspot.com
Fly on over to my PM Party post when you get the chance. ;)
http://rinnisplayground.blogspot.com/2011/09/magic-is-practical-ode-to-practical.html
Keeping my fingers crossed on winning that Spell Book!
BB,
Dana @ On the Broomstick
Celeste, http://thevictoriantailor.blogspot.com/2011/09/owens-aunts-host-samhain-wedding.html#comments
http://apinkdreamer.blogspot.com/2011/09/magic-blessed-spell-book-practical.html
...Carrie...
carrie@caramiabella.com
Theresa N
weceno(at)yahoo(dot)com
mk261274 at gmail dot com
♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Meanderings
threewethorses@hotmail.com
hugs Lynn
Have a witchy Time
Kerstin
saratwycross@yahoo.co.uk
Bright Blessings!
Dixienites@gmail.com
Zoe x
http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/09/he-really-loved-my-mint-oatmeal-shaving.html